8.06.2008

games i play

currently, i'm eating a chicken salad bagel sandwich, typing up this blog entry, and holding my pee as long as i possibly can.

most people would probably call this torture, but i'm a masochistic fuck! mind over body is a tough game to play and i like to teeter on the edge of soggy shorts.

in retrospect, i can't remember when this started. was it in high school as the track coaches encouraged us to hold it till after the race, for that extra push to the finish line? no - i skipped practice and smoked secret cigarettes, killing time before heading home to eat chips 'n dip.

there was only one time i was defeated by my bladder. my age was in the double digits (i think) and i was being the best little brother ever - making my sister a sandwich for lunch. i had to pee soooooo bad, but even more, i NEEDED to finish this sandwich before i did. i was crossing my legs, doing the toddler 'pee-pee dance' and as soon as i'd smashed the pb to the j, i ran to the bathroom.

halfway across the kitchen - my bladder triumphed. it wasn't so much a relief, as i felt i was being sucked through a black hole. i paused for a second, overcome by the understanding i was peeing my pants - then hopped the remainder of the way to the bathroom/shower.

my mind still dominates.. but i'd rather leave work early.


No comments: